Tuesday, October 27

First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros | October 27

First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros is a weekly meme hosted at Bibliophile by the Sea.


Share the first paragraph (or two) of the book you're currently reading or planning to read next.


"It seems an age since I first met the Kray twins and was able to observe them at close quarters in their last extraordinary phase of freedom before their arrest in May 1968; and in retrospect I am slightly shocked by the naivety with which I agreed to write the story of their lives. Had they not been arrested when they were it would never have been possible and had my 'research' continued, it would certainly have become dangerous."
        ~ Introduction to the Fourth Edition, The Profession of Violence: The Rise and Fall of the Kray Twins by John Pearson


Would you keep reading or pass?

6 comments:

  1. Oooh - this sounds really fascinating! I'm kind of fascinated by crime...especially true crime. Is this nonfiction?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sarah, it's a non-fiction book that inspired the movie "Legend" currently in theatres, starring Tom Hardy.
      The Kray twins story is truly fascinating. I genuinely recommend this book if you're a fan of true crime. Having into consideration the genre, it's a surprising short read with a very fluid writing style.

      Delete
  2. Sounds fascinating! I would keep reading. I am not familiar with the Kray Twins. I am not too well versed in the old gangsters other than a few big name ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I'm just hearing about them either. They are like the Al Capones of London!
      The only reason I picked up this book was because of the upcoming movie adaptation and damn I love it. Should've read it sooner! The Kray twins are insane!

      Delete
  3. Wow what a terrific and new to me pick. I'd read more.

    Thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete