Wednesday, October 28

Waiting On Wednesday | October 28

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spines.
It spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Where do I even begin?! There are so many to chose from...

Recently I made myself promise that my TBR until the end of the year will consist only of books from series I haven't finished yet. I'm currently 6 series and 10 books behind. Wonderful!

Coming January 26th 2016
Between those 10 books there are 2 that haven't been released yet. One is Before by Anna Todd (coming in December) and the other, the highlight of this post, is Never Never: Part III by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher. 

I read the first one last April during Dewey's 24h Read-a-thon and gave it 4 stars. The writing style is fluid and the story itself gripping. I found myself not wanting to leave the couch because I wanted to get to the end quickly and get some answers but, of course, it ended with a cliffhanger! It's essentially a very intriguing and unique book and I waited patiently for the second book to come out...

In the beginning of June I picked up the second book and was 
somehow disappointed. I don't remember the actual reasons behind my 3 star rating but they were probably somewhere along the lines of anger and frustration for the lack of substantial answers! We did get some but then a thousand more appeared to leave the reader complete clueless as to what exactly is going on. All in all I felt the quality of the narrative just decreased from part one to part two. It's still a solid read, riveting as ever, just not as captivating as the first one.

So now I'm currently waiting for the third and final book in the series and contemplating whether or not to re-read the first two before part three comes out. Ultimately I think this series has immense potential but the time lag between releases is possibly its downfall.

I hope the third instalment in this series surpasses all my expectations so I can finally award it the 5 stars it positively deserves.


What upcoming releases are you eagerly anticipating?

2 comments:

  1. Yes!! I am excited for this one too!!! My Waiting on Wednesday is Colleen Hoover too :)
    http://www.palmerspageturners.blogspot.com/2015/10/waiting-on-wednesday-november-9.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Despite my complaints it really is a remarkable "book" though... :D

      Delete