Tuesday, November 17

First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros | November 17

First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros is a weekly meme hosted at Bibliophile by the Sea.


Share the first paragraph (or two) of the book you're currently reading or planning to read next.


"The Los Angeles Institute, December 2007
 On the day Emma Carstair's parents were killed, the weather was perfect. On the other hand the weather was usually perfect in Los Angeles. Emma's mother and father dropped her off on a clear morning at the Institute in the hills behind the Pacific Coast Highway, overlooking the blue ocean."
                                 ~ Prologue: Fall Like Rain, City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare



Would you keep reading or pass?

4 comments:

  1. One of the advantages to living in or around Los Angeles to be sure. What a sad opening though. I've only read the first book in this series. I am not sure yet if I'll read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound sad, but I hope you enjoy this one Lia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read and liked the first books. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read all the books. I loved the last 3 books. If you like evil characters like me then the last 3 books are worth it.

    ReplyDelete