Tuesday, November 3

Teaser Tuesday | November 3

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at A Daily Rhythm.

> Grab your current read.
> Open to a random page.
> Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere in the book. 

Be careful not to include spoilers!
Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away. 
We don't want to ruin the book for others.

Share the title and author too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their TBR if they enjoyed your teaser!

"Be men, or be more than men. Be steady to your purposes and firm as a rock. This ice is not made of such stuff as your hearts may be; it is mutable and cannot withstand you if you say that it shall not."
                                                        ~ p. 198, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley 




5 comments:

  1. I haven't read this but it's on my list. Shelley was listed by Time as one of the 100 women who changed the world and I'm trying to read through all the ones listed who were authors. Love the teaser! Here's mine: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-10B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frankenstein's narrative is very pleasing to read, and when we stop and think that Mary Shelley was only 18 when she wrote it it becomes even more exceptional! I can understand why Times included her in that list. She was a young woman ahead of her time! I won't hesitate to read any of her other works in the future :)

      Delete
  2. I have recently read a couple of stories based on Mary Shelley's Frankenstein but have never tackled the original. My YA teaser this week comes from The August 5 by Jenna Helland. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added a few Frankenstein-inspired stories to my TBR as well but never talked myself into reading them without reading the original first.
      Thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, I really like this teaser! I just recently saw Young Frankenstein for the first time in awhile. It was a lot of fun. haha I'm excited for the new Frankenstein movie to come out too.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete